Saturday, December 31, 2005

South Africa blues

I arrived in Pretoria, South Africa, last evening around midnight after a 30 hour trip (18 hours on board a plane in the back row!). I arrived minus my luggage! The problem lay in Amsterdam when I had barely 20 minutes to get off one plane and board another. I'm due to preach tomorrow three times and all I have are my jeans and running shoes (I travel in comfort). Today I had to go and buy shoes, socks a pair of trousers and a shirt. [In case you're wondering, my mother taught me to pack my underwear in a carry on, just in case, or just in another case if you see what I mean). They say the suitcases will arrive Tuesday (but my hosts are doubtful).

I'll keep you posted as the week proceeds.

Blessings on the Lord's Day to you all

Derek

No comments: